Monday, April 30, 2012

Week #14

This week we are finishing off the course and presenting our findings to the class. I am quite proud of the work we have done within the JFK L3GS group. Although we did not achieve a representative sample I believe that the data we collected does demonstrate some interesting aspects of student life at Richmond. Stress plagues most university students, and most at Richmond are dealing with the added pressures of incorporating themselves into a new culture. It would be wonderful to think that the information we were able to gather could help towards future recommendations for students. I have enjoyed seeing what all the other groups have discovered through their research although I do feel that there were some unfortunate broad generalisations made about Richmond students. I believe it's easy to make such assumptions between the data collection and data analysis stage. When forming a conclusion it is tempting to generalise in order to make more applicable statements but I have discovered that you must be careful to understand the limitations of your research before making these assumptions.

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff - it has been really interesting tracking your research process! Have a good break

    ReplyDelete