Thursday, March 29, 2012

Week #10

This week we are dealing with the long and complicated process of recording and interpreting our quantitative data. This involves the use of the program SPSS which I find quite difficult to use even though I have some previous experience with it. Certainly it is useful in generating meaningful conclusions but the actual entering of data has been quite complex as we have six group members, each with different data that has to be entered separately. We could have perhaps made this simpler by entering all the data at once but has functioned well up to this point using the philosophy of division of labor. It seems that our collecting of data was quite efficient using this method; even though we have not received as many completed surveys from each major as we would have hoped we ended up with a vaguely proportional model of the Richmond undergraduate students. I hope this will help validate our results when we finally get to them! I am looking forward to qualitative data collection and analysis as I find this much more interesting and relevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment